The New Elle Hill Logo

So I'm co-sponsoring a Big, Fat Flea Market in Duarte, CA on December 9 and 10, 2011. (Yes, I'll chat more about that in the future.) I'm also the one designing its publications, and while carefully pasting logos into various documents, a dreadful realization suddenly kicked me in the frontal lobe: I don't have an author logo. 


"No logo?" you gasp. "But, Elle, how could you, a future New York Times bestseller, have neglected such a vital marketing logistic?" I know, right? Shameful! 


It takes a lot of brushing
to look this good.
So, with that thought in mind, I did what any writer would do when faced when the ugly reality of their logo-less existence: I whined to my little sister. But oh, my little sister isn't just any little sister. She's also a visual artiste. Score! She designs all my visual stuff, my oldest sister tends to all the logistical and informational stuff, and I just sit here and look pretty while brushing my lustrous, seal-brown hair (see previous post). 


Sadly, my little sister was busy doing other projects I'd helpfully tossed into her lap. So alas, alas, I was forced to dust off my extremely limited Microsoft Publisher skills and cobble together a placeholder logo. I actually designed six, and this was the one all three of my test peeps agreed on. 


So behold, the new (and perhaps temporary) Elle Hill logo. I welcome all thoughts. 


Comments

  1. I love it! I don't have a logo, tho. Do I need one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so, LJ. I only did b/c I'm sponsoring something. However, marketers will tell you "branding" is very important. I would ask Kris to hook you up with some snazzy visuals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envision yours featuring your name overlapping the state of AK or something. :) Goodest luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Public Peeing: A Case for Gender Desegregation

Bustin' Some Welfare Myths

The Fat Twin Phenomenon