The Tithe is now available!

The time has come, my friends. After two long years, The Tithe is now available as an e-book. Below are the contents of my media kit's info sheet. Enjoy!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Tithe
Elle Hill

Publication Date: August 20, 2014

Price: $2.99

Word Count: 94,506

Available Format: E-book



Back Blurb:

“Every seven years, seven persons from each of the ten towns must go into the desert, where they will enter into the realm of Elovah, their God.”

No one knows exactly what happens to these seventy Tithes, but everyone knows who:  the “unworkables,” those with differing physical and mental capacities. Joshua Barstow, raised for twenty years among her town’s holy women, is one of these seventy Tithes. She is joined by the effervescent Lynna, the scholarly Avery, and the amoral Blue, a man who has spent most of his life in total solitude.

Each night, an angel swoops down to take one of their numbers. Each night, that is, except the first, when the angel touches Josh… and leaves her. What is so special about Josh? She doesn’t feel special; she feels like a woman trying to survive while finally learning the meanings of friendship, community, and love.


How funny that she had to be sacrificed to find reasons to live.


Review:

This is the best book I've read, and not just this year, but for a very long time.
It's fascinating, the story. Post-apocalyptic, southern California, and order has been restored for a while. Well, except for this tithing thing. . . . I'm not going to give away any details, because a lot of this surprised me, but suffice it to say that the plot kept me reading long past when I should have moved on to other things.
And as I read, I laughed, I was entranced, and I cried. I identified with characters who live in pain every single day, like I do, and like so many of us do. In fact, not only did I identify, but in these pages I admired, I hated, I longed, I hoped, and I despaired. I wanted, and I wondered, and I gritted my teeth. This book - - well, it's her best one yet, and if you don't buy it, you'll more than regret it. I promise.
Lauri J Owen, author of “The Ember Series”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public Peeing: A Case for Gender Desegregation

Bustin' Some Welfare Myths

The Fat Twin Phenomenon