The Tithe: The Back Blurb

Did I mention, dear readers, that I finally finished writing The Tithe? Pause for wild rejoicing. Yep, sometime last week I finished that sucker up at like 92K words. I have to say, I miss writing this novel; I'm actually grieving its loss. It's a weird writer thing. 

Now, I need to revise it twice -- once in-text and once printed out -- before sending it to my editor. Cross your fingers about that final part, since this novel is very different than any of the others I've written. In fact, it isn't until the latter half that romance becomes a major part of the story. I'm hoping, though, that my liberal piece de resistance can find a happy home at Soul Mate Publishing, since I like them so much. 

I decided to write The Tithe's back blurb, both because my editor demands one upon submission and because marketing can never start too early (grumble, grumble). Without further ado, here's the novel's back blurb. I welcome feedback.



“Every seven years, seven persons from each of the ten towns must go into the desert, where they will enter into the realm of Elovah, their God.” 
No one knows exactly what happens to these seventy Tithes, but everyone knows who:  the “unworkables,” those with differing physical and mental capacities. Joshua Barstow, raised for twenty years among her town’s holy women, is one of these seventy Tithes. She is joined by the effervescent Lynna, the scholarly Avery, and the amoral Blue, a man who has spent most of his life in total solitude.
 
Each night, an angel swoops down to take one of their numbers. Each night, that is, except the first, when the angel touches Josh… and leaves her. What is so special about Josh? She doesn’t feel special; she feels like a woman trying to survive while learning what it means to know friendship, joy, and maybe, maybe love.
 
How funny that she had to die to find reasons to live.

Comments

  1. WOW! That sounds FAB!!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, LJ. I love, love, love this book. This book is what happens when I marry politics, writing, and social commentary. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Public Peeing: A Case for Gender Desegregation

Bustin' Some Welfare Myths

The Fat Twin Phenomenon